- ABOUT US
- OUR BUSINESS
- INVESTOR RELATIONS & NEWS
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE & SUSTAINABILITY
- CONTACT US
2. We own and/or operate website(s) such as but not limited to http://www.yanlordland.com/ and/or any mobile apps that may be published by us (the said website and mobile apps may be collectively or individually referred to as the “Website”).
4. We take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) seriously. We recognise the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
C. What Information Do We Collect?
6. “Personal data” is defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Yanlord collects information about you when you provide your information to us, when you use our Website, when you interact with us and/or when you enter into a transaction with us, or that is in our possession (as may be updated from time to time) or comes into our possession which are received through third parties. Personal data which we may collect include:
We will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA.
7. We may also collect and store certain information automatically when you visit the Website. Examples include the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), cookie number and/or your activity on our Website, including the pages you visited, the searches you made.
8. We may receive information about you from third parties if you use any websites or social media platforms operated by third parties (for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.) and, if such functionality is available, you have chosen to link your profile on our Website with your profile on those other websites or social media platforms.
10. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device.
11. You can block or deactivate cookies in your browser settings.
12. We use log-in cookies in order to remember you when you have logged in for a seamless experience.
13. We may use session cookies to track your movements from page to page and in order to store your selected inputs so you are not constantly asked for the same information.
14. Our Website may use Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the Website and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the Website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
16. For further information on types of cookies and how they work, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
17. Yanlord will/may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
(the purposes set out in this paragraph 17 above shall be collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
18. Yanlord may/will need to disclose your personal data to third parties, whether located within or outside Singapore, for one or more of the Purposes, as such third parties, would be processing your personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. In this regard, you hereby acknowledge, agree and consent that we may/are permitted to disclose your personal data to such third parties (whether located within or outside Singapore) for one or more of the Purposes and for the said third parties to subsequently collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data for one or more of the Purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or of paragraph 17, such third parties include:
19. We may share your information with any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries), which may be based in countries other than Singapore, from time to time for one or more of the Purposes.
20. You have the right to withdraw your consent given hereunder, whether in part or as a whole. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to properly execute and/or manage the Purchase or the Purchase contract may have to be terminated, etc.. Should you wish to withdraw your consent in part or whole, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com and provide details of your withdrawal.
21. We may collect, use, disclose or process your personal data for other purposes that do not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
22. We may/will also be collecting from sources other than yourself, personal data about you, for one or more of the above Purposes, and thereafter using, disclosing and/or processing such personal data for one or more of the above Purposes. We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the Purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
23. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data we collect, use and/or disclose is accurate and complete, if your personal data is likely to be used by us to make a decision that affects you, or disclosed to another organisation. However, it is important that you advise us of any changes to your personal data or if there are any errors in the personal data we hold about you. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from your not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
24. Security of your personal data is important to us. We will put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
25. We will put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymised as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
26. You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Please let us know if you want to withdraw your consent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your withdrawal request.
27. You have the right to access and/or correct any personal data that we hold about you, subject to exceptions under the law. This right can be exercised at any time by emailing us at email@example.com with details of your access request. We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request, so as to be able to deal with your request. With respect to your access request, we may charge a fee in order to process it.
28. For a request to access personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to respond to you within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your access request.
29. For a request to correct personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will correct your personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to do so within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest practicable time within which we can make the correction. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your correction request as well as provides for situation(s) when correction need not be made by us despite your request.
30. We hold and deal with your personal data in accordance with the PDPA.
31. If you have any complaint or grievance regarding about how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the PDPA, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance.
32. Please contact us with your complaint or grievance by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
33. Where you are sending an email in which you are submitting a complaint, your indication at the subject header that it is a PDPA complaint would assist us in attending to your complaint speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff in our organisation to handle. For example, you could insert the subject header as “PDPA Complaint”.
34. We will certainly strive to deal with any complaint or grievance that you may have speedily and fairly.
36. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that Singapore personal data protection law permits an organisation such as us to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the law shall continue to apply.
Last Updated on 15 December 2020